18 Mar 2011

Workshop Five!



It was a very busy day in the hospital Outpatients Department today! Nearly 30 children took part in interviews and activities as part of the Hands On Project. Here are a few pictures and a record of some of the things we talked about:
David (age 10) told me how he washed his hands with a washing cup. 
It has two handles’ ‘we use the same one at school 


I asked him 'Do you go to a Jewish school?' 
‘Yes, and we wash our hands before lunch’ 
David's mum mentioned that this was before eating bread. 

David also said that ‘Sometimes people (wash their hands) for OCD’ 




Garret (age 10) said ‘I usually use my hands for playing my x-box or my playstation  

I asked him ‘what do you think is inside your hands?’ 

He said ‘I know there are like sort of tissues that your cells make up’ ‘skin tissues’.


I asked, ‘Do you think people have always washed 
their hands?’ 

Garret said ‘No, no, not for cave men.’ 
‘Because did you know that real men actually come from Gorillas?’ 

‘Gorillas and humans are the only animals that have opposable thumbs’

Safiya’s mum said ‘Hand washing is a real issue with Saffie. We can never get her to do it.' 


'This has been really helpful’





No comments:

Post a Comment